First off, we are proud of our industry-leading cruelty-free certification by Leaping Bunny, an organization whose founding principles are the gold standard for what it means to be "cruelty free." Rather than paraphrase, we would point you to Leaping Bunny’s own stringent definitions, protocols, and procedures for obtaining their mark: https://www.leapingbunny.org/about/the-standard
In addition, since we do use one animal-based ingredient, i.e., goat milk powder, out of hundreds of ingredients spread across our full skincare assortment, it bears repeating the lengths to which we adhere to the most ethical sourcing standards, not only for this one ingredient, but also across our full line.
We will cite here for reference what is also readily available on the product page of our Soufflé Moisturizer:
"Please Note: Our Certified Kosher goat milk is sourced entirely from free range goats in pastures in the Central Valley of California, where Angela herself was born and raised. The goats are treated humanely and graze adjacent to their homess on a diet of grass, clover, alfalfa, alfalfa hay, and legume hay that is never exposed to any pesticides, fertilizers or chemicals of any kind as these would be detrimental to the health and life of the goats. The goats do not eat meat or soy, and are not given wheat, corn, or barley -- they are strictly vegetarian. Moreover, the goats are not given any antibiotics, bovine growth treatments, or steroids. The milk itself contains no added colorings, flavorings, or preservatives.
Our goats are registered with the US Department of Agriculture and are Certified Humane according to the following ethical standards as set forth for review here: https://certifiedhumane.org/wp-content/uploads/Std19.Goat_.3H.pdf
Additionally, no male goats or older non-lactating female goats are ever killed for any reason during their natural life cycle. In fact, our male dairy goats are used to help populate existing herds, and in many cases, become part of the “Rent A Goat”® program throughout the state of California where they help local communities reduce the risk of fire danger by eating invasive plants and unwanted weeds like kudzu and thistle (more info here https://rentagoat.com). Older, non-lactating females also become part of the Rent A Goat program or simply retire happily to live out their days naturally on their respective farms. It’s also important to note that dairy goats, unlike boer goats, are never killed for human consumption."
Similarly, we adhere to the most ethical and sustainable sourcing protocols for our plant-based ingredients as well. We are in the process of obtaining ECOCERT certification for two of our latest launches, Anti-Pollution Cleansing Oil and Daily Botanical Serum. ECOCERT is similarly the gold standard by which the entirety of the production process is strictly monitored to ensure that “organic,” “free and fair trade” and “sustainably sourced” are the industry benchmarks.
In terms of “clean” and “natural” definitions, we also don’t pretend to have an absolute answer, but we do believe strongly in eliminating any known carcinogens or ingredients that interfere with the body’s endocrine system, a complete list which can be found under the “About” tab on our website or linked here: https://angelacaglia.com/pages/angelas-no-no-list-for-clean-beauty
We would also add that our packaging is FSC certified (https://us.fsc.org/en-us/certification) to ensure that we are adhering to industry best practices so that our paper comes from forests that are responsibly managed to provide environmental, social, and economic benefits.
We’ve also only ever used glass for our primary packaging, a more expensive but environmentally - sustainable option that minimizes the long tail effects of excessive packaging ending up in our already overcrowded landfills.
In terms of manufacturing processes, our labs are certified by what it commonly referred to as GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), a brief list of which are outlined below:
- Manufacturing facilities must maintain a clean and hygienic manufacturing area.
- Manufacturing facilities must maintain controlled environmental conditions in order to prevent cross-contaminationfrom adulterants and allergens that may render the product unsafe for human consumption or use.
- Manufacturing processes must be clearly defined and controlled. All critical processes are validatedto ensure consistency and compliance with specifications.
- Manufacturing processes must be controlled, and any changes to the process must be evaluated. Changes that affect the quality of the drug are validated as necessary.
- Instructions and procedures must be written in clear and unambiguous language using good documentation practices.
- Operators must be trained to carry out and document procedures.
- Records must be made, manually or electronically, during manufacture that demonstrate that all the steps required by the defined procedures and instructions were in fact taken and that the quantity and quality of the food or drug was as expected. Deviations must be investigated and documented.
- Records of manufacture (including distribution) that enable the complete history of a batch to be traced must be retained in a comprehensible and accessible form.
- Any distribution of products must minimize any risk to their quality.
- A system must be in place for recalling any batch from sale or supply.
- Complaints about marketed products must be examined, the causes of quality defects must be investigated, and appropriate measures must be taken with respect to the defective products and to prevent recurrence.
CODE OF CONDUCT
A primary goal of Angela Caglia Skincare is to be inclusive to the largest number of people, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who work with us, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
Moreover, we invite all those who do business with Angela Caglia Skincare to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
2. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all in our immediate and extended organization.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this company.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow colleagues. Alert leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our organization:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
4. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any member of our organization or extended organization, including our suppliers, and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If someone within our organization engages in unacceptable behavior, our founders will take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including termination without warning.
5. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify our founder, Rob Carliner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT:
Angela Caglia Skincare is a Los Angeles, California based eco-luxe supplier of skincare products and beauty tools.
We take our commitment to social responsibility seriously and believe transparency is the best way to ensure the public that we are doing our best as ethical corporate citizens. In that spirit, we are publishing here our annual statement for slavery and human trafficking, made in compliance with section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act of 2015. This statement is intended to fulfil the legal requirement for a slavery and human trafficking statement on behalf of Angela Caglia Skincare.
Our company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and sells its products throughout the world, including North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Through our suppliers, we also procure ingredients and raw materials globally, and have taken the following steps to ensure slavery and human trafficking does not occur within our organization or supply chain.
Slavery and human trafficking policies
We are currently in the process of writing our company policies as they relate to the following areas:
Migrant labour policies
Child labour policy
Child protection policy
Policies concerning remedy and compensation for labour rights abuses
Policies relating to staff training and increasing awareness of modern slavery
Detail of any mechanism by which standards or policies are enforced
Though our legal standards are still a work in progress, our moral and ethical standards are engrained in our corporate DNA, namely that the Golden Rule always applies. Our company flatly refuses to work with any supplier who is not able to certify in writing that all of their employees are paid a fair wage and are not exploited in any way. As a matter of enforcement, we also require that all of our suppliers agree to a third-party audit for compliance. In many cases, particularly with our suppliers in China, local authorities do conduct onsite inspections, the results of which are made available to us for review.
If issues are identified, appropriate investigative and remedial actions will be taken by Angela Caglia Skincare.
Though we don’t have all the relevant information yet, our goal within the next 12-18 months is to adopt a system that is fully compliant with all six areas of Section 54(5) of the Modern Slavery Act.
Accessibility Statement for Angela Caglia Skincare
Angela Caglia Skincare is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Angela Caglia Skincare takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Angela Caglia Skincare:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Angela Caglia Skincare is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Angela Caglia Skincare. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Angela Caglia Skincare:
- Phone: 1-424--353-0253
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: 1917 Sunset Plaza Drive, Los Angeles, California 90069
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Angela Caglia Skincare assessed the accessibility of Angela Caglia Skincare by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
In closing, we take our commitment to doing the right thing seriously across a multitude of ethically, socially, morally, and environmentally challenging areas. We always welcome feedback on ways to improve.